Introduction View: The Ugly Truth about Beauty by Dave Barry

The Ugly Truth About Beauty 

                                                      by Dave Barry 


Dave Barry

'The ugly truth about Beauty's' introduction right off the bat hooked me in. The opening statement " If you're a man, at some point a woman will ask you how she looks" resonated with me. I found this immediately capturing because as a woman I knew it was true and I wanted to know what else he would say. 

The introduction was very interesting and humorous. I appreciated the relaxed but truthful way that he wrote the information. Additionally, I believe women generally care more about their appearance than men, but, from 1998 when this work was written to the current time 2021, men have increasingly put more effort into their appearance. Men have definitely taken it up to look more "kept" and practice better hygiene. 

Lastly, "The best technique is to form an honest yet sensitive opinion, then collapse on the floor with some kind of fatal seizure".😁











Comments

Popular Posts