Peace Of Mind: With Taraji S2:E2 Review

Peace Of Mind: With Taraji  

Season 2: Episode 2

GUEST APPEARANCES: KARL-ANTHONY TOWNS & DASIA CHILDRESS

"I Lost 8 Relatives to Covid and Got Covid Myself" - Karl-Anthony Towns


The show 'Peace of Mind: with Taraji' caught my attention recently while strolling through social media. I had heard whispers of the show previously when it was in its first season but never paid it any attention. As I passed through online posts, I came across a preview with a title that caught my attention, 'I Lost 8 Relatives to Covid and Got Covid Myself'. Immediately I thought to myself, " WOW! let me see what this is about" and with that I went on the search and watched the episode. 


Story Number 1: Karl-Anthony Towns



    NBA player Karl- Anthony Towns lost eight family members including his mother to Covid-19. He himself had the coronavirus disease, was in the hospital, and almost lost his own life. In the interview he talked about this mental health both then and now. When he first heard of covid he thought it was nothing serious and that it wouldn't have any affect on his life. Once it came to the U.S. in 2020 and his family members inclusive of himself caught the illness, then that opinion quickly changed. 

    Karl viewed his mother as EVERYTHING and when she died it had a huge affect of his life. " You may see me smiling and stuff, but that Karl died on April 13. I don't remember that man, I don't know that man. You're talking to the physical me, but my soul has been killed off a long time ago." he said to a reporter after the passing of his mother. Clearly, based on this statement, we can see the tremendous impact that loss had on him. Today he still has not sought therapy and though his girlfriend has helped him to a better place, you can still see that he has internal turmoil that he ignores.


Story Number 2: Dasia Childress



    Dasia Childress, a regular individual affected in the worst way by an irregular disease. Dasia one day decided to buy her 54 year old father a new television and go to his house to surprise him. What a joyous occasion it was supposed to be. Little did she know, that would be the last time she saw her father alive. After hanging the TV, approximately 20 minutes later her father complained of a cough. As the day progressed his symptoms got progressively worse to where could barely breathe. " Something in my spirit... somethings not right because I've never seen the flu or a common cold  progress that fast. He was sweating out of shirts... he was sweating out T-Shirts every hour and he was struggling with breathing". Dasia said recalling that day. She also reiterated that she could hear fluid in his lungs and that was when she knew. 

    Her mother then proceeded to call 911 and before he left to the hospital she held his hand and said to him " Daddy it's going to be okay, You'll be alright. ", "Daddy you're not alone, it's Dae Dae, it's Dae Dae, i'm right here." and the to the hospital he went.  After some hours in the hospital they called the family to inform them that they would have to incubate their loved one. That night after hearing the news Dasia said, "so something in me, I felt it was God told me to give him a call... I'm calling the doctor like please just stop the whole process... please before you do anything, I want to speak to my dad" a few minutes later her father called " HEY DAE DAE!", " Hey Daddy!" and so they had a short conversation where they exchanged love and encouragement. The conversation ended with "I Love You" and that was the last words that Dasia, or as her father called her Dae Dae, spoke to her dad.


Below you can find the shows trailer and also the link that will take you to the episode. I encourage anyone who is willing, watch Peace Of Mind with Taraji, it will not disappoint!



If you want to watch the episode click the link belong:


https://www.facebook.com/tarajiphenson/videos/1045830649554251/

Comments

Popular Posts